Eat Your Way Through Ocean City
Mark your calendars for Ocean City Restaurant Week happening April 23rd – May 7th. Let Ocean City wine and dine you during this week of delectable culinary experiences that range from casual to fine dining. Satisfy your taste buds by venturing out to try some new cuisine, as well as finding comfort in your old favorites. Oysters, crabs, Italian cuisine, fried chicken, you name it – Ocean City has it. In addition to their regular menus, participating restaurants offer special fixed price menu options in the amounts of $10, $20, $30, or $40. This delicious week is very popular, so we highly recommend making reservations in advance. Below are just a few of the remarkable restaurants participating in Ocean City Restaurant Week (with more restaurants being added as the event gets closer):
Ocean City Restaurant Week Events
Bloody Mary Contest (April 23rd) – Join us in celebrating the best Bloody Marys around! From 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m., party it up with Ocean 98.1 FM radio at Seacrets Jamaica, USA. Donate $10 and receive a chance to vote on the Best Overall Bloody Mary, the Spiciest Bloody Mary, and Best Presentation. Guests must be at least 21 years old to attend.
Phil Perdue “The Piano Man” (April 27th-28th) – Enjoy a fine dining experience with Phil Perdue “The Piano Man” on the grand piano at the Captain’s Table Restaurant. This venue is located in the Courtyard Marriott on 15th St. along the beautiful Ocean City Boardwalk. They have a great bar selection, and you must try the crab cakes! Guests will be treated to live music from 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Don’t forget the missing ingredient for your Ocean City Restaurant Week getaway: a fantastic vacation rental at low, off-season rates. Give us a call at (410) 723-2002 to speak with a Vacation Coordinators or browse VantageOceanCity.com today!
The 27th Annual Cruisin’ Ocean City
Calling all car enthusiasts! One of Ocean City’s most popular spring events is just around the corner, and you don’t want to miss it. The Cruisin’ Ocean City car show event will be held May 18th-21st, with an exciting lineup of attractions, vendors, awards, and entertainment taking place at the Ocean City Inlet and Roland E. Powell Convention Center. Various local businesses in and around Ocean City will join in with their own car shows and events, as well, creating a high-octane atmosphere of fun.
Boardwalk Parades Thursday-Saturday
The highlight of the weekend, of course, is the cars! Over 3,500 hot rods, customs, street machines and classic cars will descend upon the area with chrome polished and engines revving. Be sure to check out the car parades on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday mornings on the Boardwalk. Staging begins at 7:00 AM on 27th Street, with parades starting at 8:00 AM and running south to the Inlet. You’ll think you’ve traveled back in time as cars and trucks of all styles and time periods cruise on by.
Special Guests and Live Entertainment
This year’s special guests include Erik Estrada of classic TV show “CHiPs” and Ryan Evans of the hit TV show “Counting Cars,” who will both be signing autographs and greeting fans throughout the weekend. For guests visiting on Thursday night, there will also be a live performance at the Convention Center by musical guests “Under the Streetlamp.” Comprised of former members of the hit Broadway show Jersey Boys, this group will dazzle the crowd with a night of sweet harmonies as they perform everyone’s favorite Doo Wop, Motown, and old time Rock ‘n’ Roll hits.
Best Places to Stay When Cruisin’
If you’re looking to be right where the action is for Cruisin’ Ocean City, Vantage Resort Realty offers a variety of vacation rentals within walking distance of the Inlet and Convention Center. Guests who are bringing their own classic cars to the event will be glad to know that we also have a number of homes with private garages to keep your “baby” safe during the weekend.
- Belmont Towers 607 – 3-BR/2.5-BA/Sleeps 10 – Watch car parades right from your private balcony. This luxurious condo offers beautiful north-facing views of the beach and boardwalk, and is just 2 blocks from the Inlet (Dorchester St.).
- Nowalk to the Inlet A – 4-BR/2.5-BA/Sleeps 10 – Stay in the heart of Downtown Ocean City just 2.5 blocks from the Boardwalk and Inlet area. This lovely condo was recently updated with flat-screen TVs and newly-remodeled kitchen. Park your car once when you arrive and then walk everywhere you need to go! (Dorchester St.).
- Bradley on the Bay 132G – 1-BR/1-BA/Sleeps 6 – Conveniently located just a block from the Roland E. Powell Convention Center, this bayfront condo is well-equipped and features a bayfront dock area (38th St.).
- Makai 106 – 2-BR/2-BA/Sleeps 6 – Enjoy a relaxing getaway in this lovely bayfront condo with beautiful bay views, indoor pool solarium, and easy access to the Roland E. Powell Convention Center, located just one block away (41st St.).
- Sunset Island 8 Beach Walk Lane – 4-BR/2.5-BA/Sleeps 10 – Just a short drive from the Convention Center and Downtown area, this spacious four-story townhome features a private garage and is located in a gated bayside community with an indoor pool (67th St.).
- Sunset Island 15 Fountain Dr. W. – 5-BR/4.5-BA/Sleeps 12 – Located within a gated bayside community with indoor pool, this exquisite four-story townhome has a private garage and beautiful views of the pond and fountains from the upper deck (67th St.).
Vantage properties are filling up quickly for Cruisin’ Ocean City, so now is the best time to book! Browse VantageOceanCity.com or give us a call at (410) 723-2002 to let our Vacation Coordinators help you find the perfect vacation spot. Visit the Cruisin’ Ocean City website for more details about this popular event weekend.
Valentine’s Weekend Getaway
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, which means planning the perfect experience for that special someone starts right now. Why go the traditional route with just a dinner and a movie when you can plan an unforgettable Valentine’s weekend at the beach? Ocean City will provide a peaceful getaway with less crowds, no traffic, shorter lines and cheaper rates. Have a weekend full of relaxation, quality time, and a whole lot of romantic fun! The island is waiting and is yours to explore.
Love Is In The Air
Wake up early and enjoy the beauty of nature; take a stroll along the beach and search for shells washed up on the shore, all while watching the sunrise. Treat your sweetheart to a relaxing spa day at one of the local spas around town and if it’s not too chilly, enjoy a relaxing sunset boat cruise. Plan a romantic dinner for two at one of many local favorite restaurants like The Shark, Harrison’s Harbor Watch, Sunset Grille or Ristorante Antipasti. End the night by picking up a delicious sweet treat from Wockenfuss for dessert.
Another option is a special Valentine’s horse and carriage ride, which will be offered from 2/11-2/12 and 2/18-2/19. For only $40 per couple, enjoy a carriage ride down the Boardwalk with a glass of bubbly, box of chocolates, and red roses! To make reservations or for more information, call Randy Davis at 443-783-1409. The options are endless and will have you leaving with new memories and happy hearts.
Treat you and your loved one to a stay at one of our stunning properties with breathtaking views and luxurious amenities:
Belmont Towers 301 ~ A gorgeous 3-BR, 3-BA, oceanfront condo. This unit has the best views in town! Enjoy a private balcony/gazebo, FREE Wi-Fi, flat-screen TVs, and a master suite soaking tub. Be sure to visit the on-site fitness center and sauna too.
Calypso 702 ~ This 2-BR, 2-BA sleeps eight. The unit is situated in a great location and comes equipped with a full kitchen, FREE Wi-Fi, and a private double balcony with ocean views!
Ocean City Spring Events are About to Heat Up!
As January comes to an end, we can’t help but daydream about the upcoming spring season. In just a few short weeks, the weather will start to break, the school year will begin winding down, and an energetic atmosphere will set in. From outdoor fun to indoor arts and craft shows, once March rolls around, Ocean City will be bustling with events. If you have a bad case of spring fever, then the place to be is down by the beach where you can relax, unwind and recharge. Sounds like music to our ears!
Check Out Our Favorite Upcoming Events
- March 11th – St. Patrick’s Day 5K – Join Ocean City locals at this annual 5K taking place on 4th St. & the Boardwalk. The run will start around 9 a.m., and post-run celebrations will take place at Shenanigans Irish Pub on 4th St. Take advantage of this awesome event to get out in the fresh air and channel your inner Leprechaun.
- March 11th – St. Patrick’s Day Parade – Even if you are not a runner, you can still enjoy some St. Patty’s Day fun at this annual parade on the Boardwalk. There will be countless floats, local celebrities, food and marching units. Everyone is Irish for the day! Parade begins at 12 p.m. and will run from 58th St. to 44th St.
- March 17th – Home, Condo and Outdoor Show – Held at the Convention Center on 40th St. and Coastal Highway, visitors can walk through countless vendors with decor, remodeling ideas, and more! The show will be held throughout the weekend. For more information, please visit http://oceanpromotions.info.
- April 8th – Rescues Rock the Runaway Show – Bring yourself and all your furry friends for some fun. The event includes informational seminars, pet vendors – and for the main event – a fashion show for both pets and owners to walk in! Enjoy shopping, prizes and plenty of free goodies. Your four-legged BFF will never want to leave!
- April 15th – Easter Bunny Fun Shop – This is a great holiday event to share with friends and family. Arts and crafts, face painting, egg hunts, games, entertainment and food will all be available. Don’t forget to get your picture with the Easter Bunny! This spring event will be taking place at Northside Park (125th St.)
- May 4th-7th – Springfest – This is the best part about the spring season at the beach. The 27th annual FREE festival will be filled with awesome food, live entertainment, and the best vendors to shop from! Springfest is held at the Inlet parking lot, located on the south end of the Boardwalk. Eat, shop, and then take a nice stroll on the beach for the perfect ending to your day.
- May 18th-21st – Cruisin’ Ocean City – Don’t miss one of the East Coast’s most popular car shows, with over 3,400 hot rods, customs, classics, street machines, muscle cars and more. Enjoy live entertainment, celebrity guests, vendors, and Boardwalk car parades on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday mornings from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m.
Vacation Rentals for the Perfect Spring Getaway
Don’t let the stress of finding a place to stay that accommodates everyone stop you from having fun. Vantage has you covered, and we will work with you to find the perfect place that fits your needs. So, mark your calendars and start planning the best spring getaway in Ocean City, Maryland! Here are a few of our popular spring rentals:
- Sunset Island 2 Hidden Cove Way 3D – Nestled in the beautiful gated community of Sunset Island (67th St.), enjoy a 3-BR, 2-BA condo that sleeps six. The unit comes with a private balcony with gorgeous water views, a fully-equipped kitchen, a flat-screen TV, a gas fireplace, and parking.
- Belmont Towers 205 – This 3-BR, 3-BAoceanfront condo is big enough for 10. Located on 2 Dorchester St., this is the perfect downtown location! Step out of your condo right onto the Boardwalk, just steps from the warm sand. The unit is equipped with a private balcony, rooftop pool, fitness center, and Wi-Fi.
- Gateway Grand 314 – Located on 48th St., this 3-BR, 3-BA condo sleeps eight. Enjoy all the comforts of home and great amenities such as indoor/outdoor pools, fitness centers, game room, private parking, FREE Wi-Fi, and ocean views!
To explore more properties, visit our website and customize your own search, or speak with a Vacation Coordinator to discover your perfect spring vacation rental!
Celebrating 10 Years of Amazing Vacations
They say that time flies when you’re having fun, and nothing could be more true of the decade that’s flown by since Vantage Resort Realty began. We are pleased to announce that Vantage will be celebrating its 10th Anniversary in October 2017. It’s exciting to see how far we’ve come. What began as a desire to see greater personal service and innovative thinking in our local vacation rental & property management industry has grown into a thriving company now represented in three of the East Coast’s most popular resort markets: Ocean City, MD, the S. Jersey Shore & Myrtle Beach, SC. These core values have become the foundation of who we are and the fire that drives us each and every day.
The Year of Service Excellence: Every Individual. Every Moment. Every Day.
As part of our 10th Anniversary celebration, Vantage has designated 2017 as “The Year of Service Excellence: Every Individual. Every Moment. Every Day.” This is our way of reinforcing Vantage’s commitment to you. Stay tuned throughout the year for fun ways that we will be including our guests, property owners, and staff in celebrating this milestone and sharing our appreciation. Thank you for allowing us to serve you, and here’s to the next 10 years and beyond.
A Look Back at Vantage Resort Realty History
Oct 2007 – Grand Opening of Vantage’s flagship office in Ocean City, MD
Jan 2008 – Vantage opens on-site check-in office at Belmont Towers, OCMD
Feb 2008 – Vantage opens at the S. Jersey Shore in Somers Point, NJ
Sep 2015 – Vantage begins welcoming guests in N. Myrtle Beach, SC
Apr 2016 – Vantage launches N. Ocean City, MD check-in location for N. OC guests
Sep 2016 – Vantage opens on-site check-in office at Summer Beach, OCMD
Now Booking Senior Week Rentals
High School graduation only happens once and is the beginning of their journey to adulthood. This is a pretty big deal that should be celebrated. What better way to celebrate than being at the beach with all your friends? Parents, this is the perfect time to get a little rest & relaxation so start thinking about senior week plans. We are now taking reservations for select weeks in June for High School graduates.There are countless things to do here in Ocean City, from boardwalk games and rides to paddle board or jetski rides! One of the best parts of senior week is the Play It Safe program. They sponsor a months full of safe FREE activities like beach dodge ball and pizza eating contests.Students also get to ride the bus all week long for just $5. I couldn’t think of a better place to experience senior week.
Check out some of the available senior week rentals ~
Alexander Mini Mansion Townhome 202B – 3-BR, 2.5BA, sleeps 10. Located downtown just blocks away from the beach!
Talbot Street Beachwalk 5 – A cute 4-BR, 2-BA oceanfront condo, accommodates 10. Located downtown on Talbot St., wake up to beautiful beach & boardwalk views.
The Driftwood Suite 1 – A large 4-BR, 2-BA condo, sleeps 14. Just one block from the beach and boardwalk.
For More Properties, go to http://www.vantageoceancity.com/rentals/group-rentals
Tis’ the Season
As the Holidays approach, it’s time to start planning and what better way to spend your Holidays other than at the beach! Watch Ocean City transform into a winter wonderland as lights and garland take over every street. It’s a time for fun, laughter, and joy, so gather family & friends for a memorable Holiday at the beach. Join us for low rates and fun events.
Starting on November 19th – Northside park will be lit up with more than one million Christmas lights. Aboard the Winterfest Express to get the best tour of the beautiful display. The opening lighting ceremony begins at 5:30 on the 19th, enjoy festive music, hot chocolate, gift shops, pictures with Santa and free Winterfest Express rides for the opening night only. Winterfest Lights will be up on display until January 3, 2017.
November 24th – The day for many thanks! Thanksgiving is one of the best Holidays of the year, it is all about spending time with the ones we love. Book one of our many beautiful off-season properties and cook your thanksgiving meal in a dream kitchen! High-end, beautiful interiors that are spacious enough for the whole gang!
- Broad Marsh 113C – Bayside, 70th ST. 5-BR/3.5-BA, sleeps 10
- 8 Beach Walk Ln – Sunset Island community, 67th ST. 4-BR/2.5-BA, sleeps 10.
- St. Kitts 101 – Ocean Block w/ views, 87th ST. 5-BR/4.5-BA, sleeps 12.
- 10 Shore Point Dr – Sunset Island community, 67th ST. 6-BR/4.5-BA, sleeps 12.
- Sunset Palms 702 – Bayside, 7th ST. 4-BR/3.5-BA, sleeps 11.
November 25th – A shopper’s favorite day, Black Friday! Get the best deals and prices all day at stores all over Ocean City. Stop by theTanger Outlets, located across route 50 bridge, in West OC. The shopping doesn’t stop there, from Nov. 25-27th is Holiday Shopper’s Fair.
December 4th – Winterfest of Lights 5K. Get your athleticism on and run or walk the 5K for a good cause!
December 31st – Get your party shoes on, it’s New Years Eve!! Celebrate the New Year of 2017 and don’t miss the fantastic firework display over Northside Park at midnight, accompanied by live entertainment, food, and the Winterfest Lights.
January 1st – Ocean City’s Annual New Years Penguin Swim! Bring in the New Year being one of the first to go for a little dip in the Atlantic Ocean. Located beach side at the Princess Royale Hotel, 91st ST. Registration starts at 11:30a.m., followed by the swim at 1p.m.
Fall Happenings in OC
As August is coming to an end and the kids are back to school, get ready for football Sundays, cool nights and fall leaves! It is the best time of the year & even better in Ocean City. Let me tell you, there is plenty to do throughout September you will never want to leave. Kicking off with Labor Day Weekend which will be full of friends, family, cookouts & the beach. Enjoy one last movie night on the beach on September 3rd starting at 8:30pm & don’t miss out on a one-of-a-kind featured event “Pokemon Go.” On September 4th from 7:30pm until 8:30pm, Northside Park will be lit up with Pokestops and accompanied by the final concert of the summer at Sundaes in the Park. In addition, Bahia Marina (located on 22nd St.) will be hosting their annual Flounder Pounder Tournament where you get one day and one day only to bring in the biggest flounder. Open to all ages & guaranteed fun for the whole family!
Tis’ the Season to Fest
Looking to get away for the weekend? Well, I highly recommend Ocean City’s Bike Fest where hundreds of bike enthusiasts will come from all over the country to appreciate the bike life – of motorcycles, that is. This weekend brings in nationally known entertainment & bands as well as food, vendors, bike builders, and awesome stunt shows. It all takes place on September 15-18th. Ocean City will be filled with street bikes, Harleys, trick bikes, and plenty more you would love to see! The following weekend, come join us for a great time at the annual Sunfest & Sunfest Kite Festival. Starting on September 22, enjoy a four-day event full of delicious food, arts and crafts, live music, amusements, activities for the kids & much, much more. Special performances this year will be made by pop legend Chubby Checker, country star Chris Janson, and The Wildcats. Stroll down the Boardwalk as the skies are filled with kites of all shapes & sizes at the Sunfest Kite Festival. Get a chance to see master kite flyers from all over the world perform their magic in the sky. To wrap up this fun-filled September, enjoy a nice evening wining on the beach. WineFest is from September 30th to October 1st. Browse around among all the vendors, crafts and quality arts. Wineries from all over the country will be available for wine tastings. This has all the makings for a perfect stress free weekend!
Plan your fall getaway to Ocean City, MD by creating a customized search at VantageOceanCity.com. Or give our Vacation Coordinators a call at (410) 723-2002 – we would be happy to help you find the rental that’s just right for you!
Even though the 2016 season is far from over, we are already looking ahead to 2017 and we are excited to see a record of early bookings. You know what they say, the early bird gets the worm & at Vantage it could not be more accurate. To accommodate guests’ early excitement about the 2017 season, Vantage has launched our Early Bird booking campaign. For a limited time, you as guests will have the opportunity to book “2017 Dates at 2016 Rates.” This is not only a chance for you to book before rates go up, but also a great way for property owners to get a jumpstart on next season. This is a great chance to save some extra cash and also gives you an exciting vacation to look forward to during the cold months. A $500 payment can be made to secure your reservation spot (with the balance of the deposit due by Oct. 1st). Hurry, payment plan is only being offered for a limited time. Also, a friendly Reminder: Home Away charges a fee for booking through them, you can avoid their service fee by booking directly through Vantage.
Start planning next years beach trip now & check out some of our early bird properties:
Gateway Grand 303– a large 3BR/3BA condo that accommodates 8. Enjoy your morning coffee on your private balcony with beautiful partial ocean views. Unit has both an indoor and outdoor pool, free Wi-Fi, 2-car parking, game room & the best part is that you will be walking distance from enjoyable town activities.
Sunset Island 4 HCW – 4F – Nestled in the beautiful community of Sunset Island, escape to 4 Hidden Cove Way 4F. A 3-BR/2.5-BA condo, comfortably sleeps 8. Enjoy all the Sunset Island Amenities including a convenient store, private beach, on-site restaurant, large outdoor pool & much more! Condo comes with free Wi-Fi, 2-car parking, fully-equipped kitchen and a peaceful bay canal view.
Belmont Towers 205 – a 3-BR/3-BA condo, sleeps 10. You cannot beat this location, wake up to Ocean City’s breathtaking sunrises and be in walking distance to the best restaurants, mini golf & amusements. Unit is fully-equipped with Wi-Fi, gas fireplace, rooftop pool, flat-screen TVs & a spacious private balcony with beautiful views.
August is a great month to spend in Ocean City, with events happening almost every weekend! Kicking off with the 8th Annual Berlin Peach Festival & Heritage Fair on August 6th. Starting at 11a.m. and ending at 4pm, enjoy pie-baking, pie-eating contests, craft demonstrations, music, games & much much more. Located at The Calvin B. Taylor Museum in Berlin, MD. From August 8-12 experience the biggest & richest billfish tournament on the East Coast, The White Marlin Open. Cheer anglers on as they fight to bring in the biggest fish, scales open every day Monday-Friday starting at 4p.m. Food, clothing, jewelry & drink vendors will be set up for a great day at Harbor Island. Celebrate the mid of August with Surfers’ Healing, a one day surf camp for children & young adults living with autism. This warming and heart felt event is our communities way of giving back by exposing these individuals to the unique experience of surfing. The camp will be held on August 17th on 37th Street at Castle in the Sand Hotel. Ladies grab your fishing gear & get ready for Poor’s Girls Open, a female only billfish release tournament which all benefits goes towards breast cancer research. Event takes place at Bahia Marina | Fishtales on August 18-20. Don’t put your fishing gear away just yet, The Mid-Atlantic tournament begins August 21st.
Celebrate the 3rd Annual OC Sandfest August 22-28. Stroll down the boardwalk between N Division St & 4th St to enjoy incredible giant sand sculptures crafted by master champion sculptors. Family fun activities & attractions will be on site for everyone to enjoy, from sand sculpting classes to sculpting demonstrations. Bring the whole family down for a sand-filled week! Finally, bringing August to an end are 2 favorite events, OC Jeep Week and North American Sea Glass Festival. Ocean City Jeep Week begins on August 25th and ending on the 28th. The Island will be packed with all kinds of jeeps of all makes & models participating in beach crawls, Show & shines, and Jeep jams. Don’t forget the North American Sea Glass Festival held on August 26-27th at the Convention Center. Well-known sea glass jewelers, vendors, and collectors will come from all over to participate in this great one of a kind festivals. August will be one of the best months yet!!