We want you to help us celebrate our 10th anniversary by having the best summer yet! Ocean City, MD offers the best and most exciting attractions around, and we are giving you the Top 10 that are a must in our book.
Top 10 Ocean City Attractions
- The Beach – With all the fun things there are to do in Ocean City, MD, the real star of the show is the beach! Spend you days under the sun on ten miles of clean, warm, sandy beaches that stretch from the Delaware state line to the Ocean City Inlet. Enjoy a day of relaxation while boats and jet skis dance around in the ocean and dolphins play in the waves. Our beach are free to use, and umbrella and beach chair rentals are available for rent every day during the summer season.
- Ocean City Boardwalk – Day or night, the Ocean City Boardwalk provides two and a half miles of pure fun and delicious food. A public tram runs from the north end on 27th St. to the south end at the Ocean City Inlet area from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend, as well as various events weekends. Browse hundreds of shops and boutiques for apparel, jewelry, beach gear, and the perfect souvenir to take home. While you’re here, be sure to explore the Inlet area which boasts games, arcades, and amusement rides for the young and young-at-heart.
- Seacrets, Jamaica U.S.A. – Take a trip to the Caribbean without leaving the state of Maryland. Seacrets is one of Ocean City’s most popular waterfront dining spots, offering delicious food, drinks, entertainment, and nightlife. Located along the bay on 49th St., Seacrets is known for its laid-back island atmosphere – complete with palm trees, a sandy beach, and a waterfront bar. Be sure to wear your bathing suit on a warm day, so you can relax in a floating tube while sipping on a cool drink
- Assateague Island National Park – Become one with nature for the day at Assateague Island National Park, which is located across the Inlet from Ocean City and just a 20-minute drive away from the downtown area. Assateague is home to an abundance of wildlife, including wild ponies that roam the island freely. Enjoy bike and dune trails, camp sites, grilling areas, fishing, and kayaking. Assateague is also a popular spot for surfers, as its coastline frequently has some of the best breaks in the area. Be sure to stop by the Assateague Island Visitors Center on the mainland just before arriving or leaving Assateague to check out the touch tank, artifact displays, gift shop, and small movie theatre for viewing short films about the island.
- Jolly Roger Amusement Park – With two locations, one at 32nd St. and Coastal Hwy. and the other in the Inlet area, Jolly Roger Amusement Park features classic amusement rides for kids of all ages. Guests who feel the need for speed can also check out Jolly Roger’s Speed World, which recently introduced a five-story race cart coaster call the Cyclone. If you’re looking to beat the heat, bring your bathing suit for a day of fun at Splash Mountain Water Park, which features 17 watersides, a lazy river, and multiple pools for the whole family. Vantage guests can save up to 30% on Splash Mountain tickets. Click HERE for more info!
- Parasailing – Parasail your way around the island and experience the best views in town. Guests can choose from several height and speed levels depending on their thrill level, and you may even have the option to go up in the air with a friend at the same time! Parasailing is offered in the bay area as well as in the ocean.
- Golfing – Whether you are an experienced or amateur golfer, the Ocean City area offers many popular courses for all skill levels. Spend a day out on the links in various golf courses located along the bay and marshlands opposite the island of Ocean City, such as Lighthouse Sound, Eagle’s Landing and Glen Riddle. If putt-putt is the variety of golf that’s more your speed, bring the whole gang for a round of miniature golf at one of Ocean City’s many courses throughout town. Old Pro Golf’s 68th St. and 136th St. locations also offer indoor courses – a great place to spend any rainy or hot days that may come up during your visit.
- Tanger Outlets – Never fear a rainy day when you can shop until you drop. The Tanger Outlets are located in West Ocean City and are just a short drive over the Route 50 Bridge from Downtown Ocean City. This beautiful center has been recently renovated with a new facade and landscaping, making for a pleasant shopping experience. Popular stores at the Tanger Outlets include Under Armour, Coach, Gymboree, Famous Footwear, American Eagle, Bass Factory Outlet, and more.
- Fishing – Known as the White Marlin Capital of the World, Ocean City has much to offer when it comes to fishing trips and charters. Spend a few hours out on the bay catching flounder, sea bass, and
crabs, or wake up early to catch the tide just right for surf fishing. If you’re looking for a fun day trip, charter a sport fishing boat at Bahia Marina or Ocean City Fishing Center and venture out into the ocean. You will come back with the freshest dinner for everyone and tales of your day at sea.
- Watersports – While there are many things do on land while in Ocean City, many guests don’t realize how much is also available to them on the water. Whether you’re an adrenaline junkie, sports enthusiast, or just enjoy being outdoors, there are many watersports rentals and services throughout town to keep the fun going on vacation. Hop on a jet ski and cruise around the bay, where you’ll find dozens of little islands and various dockside bars & restaurants to stop along the way. If you’d rather take it slow, try kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding – a great way to get some exercise while exploring the many canals and the waterways in Ocean City. In addition, there are various boating options available such as sailing, windsurfing, pontoon boats, banana boats, and more.
All the fun, excitements, and relaxation of summer is just around the corner! If you haven’t booked your Ocean City vacation, now is the time to do it. Browse our website to find your perfect vacation rental, or give us a call at (410) 723-2002 today.