Red, White & You | July 4th in Ocean City, MD
What could be more all-American than spending July 4th at the beach in Ocean City, MD? Recently named one of the Top 10 Travelers’ Choice Beaches in the U.S. by TripAdvisor (the only one on the list not in Florida or Hawaii), Ocean City is known for its clean beach, family-friendly atmosphere, and multitude of activities and events. Read on to find out why you need to spend your holiday here:
Celebrate your freedom in the place that makes you feel free! There’s nothing like having the sun on your face and sand between your toes to help you appreciate the freedom we have here in the U.S.A. Enjoy a moment of solitude as you listen to the waves and remember those who have fought for our freedom and continue to defend it today.
Bring a chair or a blanket and you’ve got the best seat in the house for fireworks in Ocean City, MD. Fireworks displays will be held at several locations around town on July 4th. Visitors staying in the downtown area will be dazzled all along the Boardwalk as fireworks light up the night in the area of North Division Street at 9:30 p.m. If you’re staying in North Ocean City, then Northside Park (126th St.) is the place to be. This scenic 58-acre recreation area has plenty of grassy areas to view fireworks over the bay. In mid-town Ocean City, Seacrets will have its own fireworks display at approximately 9 p.m. Relax in the sand with a drink in your hand as live music plays across multiple stages and fireworks are shot from a barge on the bay. Guests staying in Ocean Pines can also watch fireworks on July 3rd at 9:15 p.m. at nearby Berlin Falls Park in quaint Berlin, MD. This classic event also features activities and vendors across the street at the Burley Oak Brewing Company.
The Ocean City area keeps the party going all day long with fun entertainment and activities. Start the day at 8 a.m. in Ocean Pines at the Freedom 5K, a family-friendly race around Veterans Memorial Park to benefit “Athletes Serving Athletes.” After the race, participants can stay for the Ocean Pines July 4th Celebration from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. with waterslides, carnival games, and concessions. Assateague Island State Park will join in the fun with a 4th of July Bike Parade from the Ranger Station to the Nature Center, followed hot dogs and prizes for the best bike decorations (call 410-641-2918 for info). Finally, guests can finish the day with free live entertainment taking place prior to the Ocean City fireworks displays at 8:00 p.m. The Northside Park celebration will feature “Mike Hines and The Look” (high energy pop, hip hop, R & B, Motown and more), while the downtown celebration on N. Division St. will feature “Triple Rail Turn” (modern country).
What’s a birthday party without the food? Ocean City offers ten miles of restaurants, from fine dining to casual cuisine. For some fresh Eastern Shore crabs, stop by Hooper’s Crab House in West Ocean City for a classic crab-picking experience or a bushel of crabs to eat at home. If you’re looking for a fun and family-friendly island atmosphere, check out Fishtales in the downtown area of Ocean City (21st St. and the bay) for delicious appetizers, entrees and drinks. At 1:00 p.m., Fishtales will also host contestants competing for $1,500 and the title of “Top Dog” at their annual Hot Dog eating contest. When it comes to nightlife, check out Macky’s Bayside Bar & Grill’s Red-White-Blue themed party at 10:00 p.m. on 54th St.
The 4th of July is only five short weeks away and our vacation rentals are filling up fast! If you haven’t booked your Ocean City vacation, now is the time to do it. Visit VantageOceanCity.com or give us a call at (410) 723-2002 to let our Vacation Coordinators help you find the perfect vacation spot.
Ahhh… Vacation Rentals with a View
Whether it’s the sun rising over the ocean or setting over the bay, nothing says ‘vacation’ like a breathtaking view. Scenic views provide relaxation, natural beauty – and best of all – a fresh perspective. In a matter of moments, the stresses of work disappear, the busy pace of life slows down, and your world realigns. We think a view is even better when you can wake up and enjoy it right from your private vacation rental. Thanks to Ocean City’s skinny shape and unique positioning between the ocean and the bay, many of the vacation rentals around town are in close proximity to water and offer fantastic views. Just drop your bags and worries at the door and step outside onto the balcony – you are on vacation!
Ocean or Bay? Yes, Please!
From the Ocean City Boardwalk area to the Delaware beaches, Vantage Resort Realty offers a huge variety of homes along the ocean and bay that feature amazing views. For a panoramic view of the ocean, check out our oceanfront rentals at Gateway Grand or various buildings in North Ocean City’s “high-rise row” such as Braemar Towers, Century I, Sea Watch, Fountainhead Towers, Carousel, and High Point North. Not only do these rentals provide beautiful views, but they are located in family-friendly parts of town that are known for having some of the best amenities. If a sunset over the bay is what you’re dreaming of, there is also a wide variety of bayfront rentals where you can relax with a drink as the sun goes down. Some of our favorite bayfront communities are Sunset Island, Bahia Vista, Oasis on the Bay, Makai, and Sunset Beach – all of which are located in mid-town Ocean City near popular restaurants and nightlife. Or if you just can’t decide between the ocean or bay, we have vacation rentals with views of BOTH! Check out our luxurious properties in The Meridian, many of which offer beach-to-bay views for the best of both worlds.
Our Top Picks for the Best Views
- Ponte Vista 201 – 2-BR/2-BA/Sleeps 6 – Located off of 94th St., this bayfront, end-unit condo is the perfect spot for watching sunsets! Step outside from the living room or master bedroom onto an extra-large waterfront balcony. Additional amenities include new furnishings, an updated kitchen, and an outdoor pool.
- Sea Watch 1917 – 3-BR/2.5-BA/Sleeps 9 – Quite possibly one of Ocean City’s best resorts! Located on the south side of the building (115th St.), this spacious two-story penthouse has generous views of both the ocean and the bay. Guests have access to indoor/outdoor pools, tennis courts, a game room, a fitness center, a movie theater, and more.
- Bahia Vista I 302 – 3-BR/2-BA/Sleeps 10 – Relax on your balcony and watch the sunset as boats and jet skis go by. This immaculate bayfront condo features bay views and an outdoor pool. Its downtown location makes for an easy three-block walk to the beach and Boardwalk (11th St.).
- Mariner I 1N – 2-BR/2-BA/Sleeps 6 – Wake up to the beach right in your backyard! This lovely oceanfront condo offers a private balcony with beautiful ocean views and steps that lead right down into the sand. Convenient 45th St. location is just a short walk from Seacrets and the Convention Center.
- Sunset Beach 103 – 3-BR/3-BA/Sleeps 9 – Stay in mid-town Ocean City (46th St.) in close proximity to Seacrets and the Convention Center! This beautiful bayfront condo offers gorgeous views, upscale appliances, a rooftop pool, a community dock, and a beach area.
- Meridian 1003W – 3-BR (+Loft)/3-BA/Sleeps 12 – Located on 60th St., this exquisite ocean block penthouse features ocean-to-bay views that encompass the total width of the island. Additional luxuries include upscale décor, and extra HD cable/Netflix, along with resort amenities including a heated rooftop pool and a fitness center.
- Belmont Towers 710 – 3-BR/2.5-BA/Sleeps 9 – This luxurious condo is situated on the south side of the popular Belmont Towers building located downtown on the Ocean City Boardwalk. From this unique vantage point, guests can see the ocean, inlet, bay, and Assateague Island in the distance.
- Carousel 1603 – 2-BR/2-BA/Sleeps 6 – This oceanfront condo is the total package: gorgeous ocean views and fun resort amenities that the family will love. Enjoy indoor/outdoor pools, an ice skating rink, a fitness center, a sauna, a game room, an on-site restaurant, a pirate ship, a moon bounce, and so much more!
- Gateway Grand 207 – 3-BR/3-BA/Sleeps 9 – Make your vacation memories in this elegant oceanfront condo located on 48th St. near Seacrets and the Convention Center. Guests can completely relax with top-of-the-line décor and appliances, plus resort-style amenities such as pools, a fitness center, and a game room.
- Oasis on the Bay 103 – 2-BR/2-BA/Sleeps 7 – Immerse yourself in the laid-back atmosphere of mid-town Ocean City. This bayfront property features beautiful bay views, an outdoor pool, and is located next door to Fager’s Island, a local favorite that is known for its great food and nightly entertainment (59th St.).
- Sunset Island 39 FDW 2B – 3-BR/2-BA/Sleeps 8 – Escape to this quaint bayfront island off of 67th St. Located along the water, this upscale condo features peaceful bay views and access to first-class amenities including indoor/outdoor pools, private beaches, an on-site restaurant The Landing, and more.
The first day of summer is less than six weeks away! If you haven’t booked your Ocean City vacation, now is the time to do it. Need help finding a vacation rental with a fantastic view of the ocean or bay? Visit VantageOceanCity.com and use our “Location” filter, which allows you to search by proximity to the oceanfront and bayfront parts of town. For more assistance, speak with our vacation rental “view experts” at (410) 723-2002 who are always available with recommendations for your perfect vacation spot.
Share Your Memories for a Chance to Win $500
Over the last 10 years, Vantage Resort Realty has worked to provide the best vacation rental experience in Ocean City, Maryland. Since 2007, we have since expanded into North Myrtle Beach and the South Jersey Shore. To celebrate our 10th Anniversary, we want you, our guests, to share your beach memories with us! Starting today, May 10th, we will be launching our first-ever photo contest, giving you the chance to win a $500 VISA gift card!
How to Enter: Between today (May 10th) and September 10th, upload up to 3 photos from any of your Vantage vacations. To enter, visit our photo contest website at VantagePhotoContest.com.
How to Win: The entrant with the greatest number of votes will win! Anyone will be able to vote on our photo contest page between September 11, 2017 and October 10, 2017. Share your photos on your favorite social media platform and through word of mouth to get more votes!
Make Memories with Vantage
Haven’t booked your summer vacation yet or looking to create new memories? Visit our Rentals Page or contact a Vacation Coordinator at 800-555-4099 to find the perfect vacation home today!
Don’t Miss These Ocean City Events!
Time to put away the snow boots and break out your flip-flops! Spring has returned to Ocean City, MD, bringing with it some glorious, unseasonably warm weather with quite a few days in the 80s and 90s. There is a happy buzz around town as the beach, Boardwalk, and all your favorite hot spots come back to life. Just like the temperature, Ocean City events are starting to heat up, as well. From car fests to art shows, visitors will be able to enjoy all of their favorite annual events in addition to some exciting new ones.
- 5/4-7 Springfest – Kick off the season at this festival of music, food, crafts, and fun family activities.
- 5/14 Mother’s Day Winecation *NEW! – Treat mom to an afternoon of wine tasting at Sunset Park while supporting several worthy causes.
- 5/18-21 Cruisin’ Ocean City – Come out for some high-octane fun as over 3,500 hot rods, street machines, and classic cars cruise into town for this popular car show.
- 5/27-9/4 100 Nights of Lights *NEW! – Introducing Ocean City’s new lighting attraction with high-powered lights that will dance and sway across the sky to musical selections.
- 5/27-28 Spring Arts and Crafts Show – Stop by the Convention Center during Memorial Day Weekend to browse beautiful handmade items, such as jewelry, wooden crafts, candles, and home décor.
- 6/10-11 OC Car & Truck Show – Car enthusiasts will love this event of cool custom cars, trucks and motorcycles. Enjoy live entertainment, vendors, kids’ activities, and more at the Convention Center.
- 6/17-18 OC Air Show – Don’t miss this adrenaline-inducing weekend of aerial feats by military and civilian performers, such as the famous U.S. Navy Blue Angels, F-22 Raptor, and Geico Skytypers.
- 6/18-21 MD State Firemen’s Association Convention – Attend four days of exhibits, seminars, and training opportunities that culminate in a parade (Wednesday, June 21st) celebrating 125 years of emergency service in Maryland.
- 6/18 Father’s Day Fatherhood Beer Festival *NEW! – Take dad for an afternoon of ales, lagers, stouts, pilsners, and more at this beer-tasting event held at Sunset Park.
- 6/24-25 Art’s Alive – Stroll around the lagoon at Northside Park to see (and buy) beautiful artwork displayed by over 100 artists. Enjoy food, live music, and free kids’ activities.
- 7/4 July 4th Fireworks – Ring in America’s birthday in the nation’s best beach town. Ocean City will hold a free concert at 8:00 p.m. followed by fireworks at the Boardwalk and Northside Park.
- 7/10-9/4 Beach Fireworks – Come out for a festive display of fireworks that will light up the sky every Monday and Tuesday night in the downtown Boardwalk area.
- 7/14-16 OC Tuna Tournament – Over 100 boats will vie for over $500,000 in cash at the world’s largest tuna tournament. Stop by the docks to watch the boats come in for weigh-ins and enjoy some food and live entertainment.
- 7/28-31 Greek Festival – The Convention Center will be transformed into a celebration of all things Greek, including delicious food, authentic dancing, and vendors displaying jewelry, art, and more.
- 8/7-11 White Marlin Open – One of Ocean City’s claims to fame! Come watch all the excitement at Harbour Island Marina as over 300 boats compete at the world’s largest billfish tournament.
- 8/9-13 Artists Paint OC: A Plein Air Event – Sponsored by the Art League of Ocean City, this creative event attracts artists from all over to set up their easels and paint scenic views of the area.
- 8/19 Wings and Wheels Expo – Held at the Ocean City Airport, this annual event displays a variety of private aircraft, custom cars, and antique military vehicles.
- 8/23 Beach Boys Concert – Join one of America’s most iconic musical groups – The Beach Boys – for some “good vibrations” at the beautiful new OC Performing Arts Center.
- 8/24-27 OC Jeep Week – Experience Jeep culture at this family fun event that features vendors, entertainment, kids’ activities, off-road courses, vintage Jeep displays, and a 250-Jeep “beach crawl” along the sand.
Vantage properties are filling up quickly during these popular Ocean City events, so now is the best time to book! Browse VantageOceanCity.com or give us a call at (410) 723-2002 to let our Vacation Coordinators help you find the perfect vacation spot.