Stay & Play in Ocean City in the New Year
Do you love the thrill of competition plus fun in the sun? Then you’ll find plenty of Ocean City, Maryland, events for you in 2019. From baseball, lacrosse and fishing tournaments to all-star dance competitions, the action along the coast starts in the spring and lasts all summer long.
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the hottest events for participants and spectators alike coming to Ocean City in 2019.
Ocean City Fishing Tournaments
Mako sharks, tuna and the coast’s famous white marlins are just a few of the catches you might reel in during the many marquee Ocean City, Maryland, fishing tournaments throughout summer 2019. People come from all over the country to the White Marlin Capital of the World to compete for cash prizes and to cheer on their favorite fishermen.
Test your mettle during one of these competitions:
- 23rd Annual Mid-Atlantic Mako Mania | June 7–9
- 40th Annual Small Boat Tournament | June 15–16
- 32nd Annual Ocean City Tuna Tournament | July 12–14
- 6th Annual Huk Big Fish Classic | July 26–28
- 11th Annual OCMC Ladies’ Tournament: “Heels & Reels” | August 2–3
- 46th Annual White Marlin Open | August 5–9
- 61st Annual Labor Day White Marlin Tournament | August 29–September 1
Dance Competitions in Ocean City
When the weather heats up, so do the Maryland dance competitions. Dance competitions in Ocean City, MD, are nearly unrivaled, as the town hosts some of the most popular contests, including the Reach the Beach dance competition and the Turn It Up Dance Challenge. Whether you’re dancing your heart out or cheering on the squad, these performances bring the excitement:
- Reach the Beach Rec OC/School Nationals | February 23–24
- Believe National Dance Competition | July 1–5
- Turn It Up Dance Challenge | July 8–13
Ocean City Lacrosse Tournaments
No one knows lacrosse like the East Coast, and Ocean City is the center of it all come summer 2019. Hundreds of top area lax teams of all ages will hit the beach to do battle for bragging rights and championships. Check out all the action during:
- Shore Wars Annual Lacrosse Tournament | June 1–2
- Brine Girls Beach Lax Festival | June 7–9
- Brine Beach Lax Festival | June 8–9
- Ocean City Lacrosse Classic Men’s Divisions | August 8–11
- Ocean City Lacrosse Classic Women’s Divisions | August 9–11
Ocean City Soccer Tournaments
There’s nothing like scoring a goal in a beachfront tournament—especially the largest Ocean City, Maryland, sand soccer event: the Sand Duels Beach Soccer Challenge. In the cooler months, young athletes and adults alike continue the 30-year tradition of competing indoors:
- Ocean City Indoor Cup | February 8–10 and February 22–24 Annual St.
- St. Patrick’s Indoor Soccer Tournament | March 1–3 and March 15–17
- 25th Annual Sand Duels Beach Soccer Challenge | June 8–9 Beach 5
- Beach 5 Sand Soccer Tournament | June 22–23
- Beach 5 Sand Soccer Tournament II | August 3
Ocean City Baseball Tournaments
The calming sound of waves crashing, seagulls overhead, the distinctive “ping” of a baseball against aluminum—it must be game time at the beach. When it’s time to play ball, teams from across the Mid-Atlantic and East Coast congregate at these Ocean City, Maryland, events. These Ocean City baseball tournaments tend to be a big hit, drawing 85 to 100+ teams:
- 6th Annual OC Spring Opener | April 6–7
- 6th Annual Shore Slam | May 11–12
- 6th Annual Surfrider Slug Fest | June 1–2
- Youth Baseball Nationals | June 21–27
- 7th Annual Summer OC Beach Blast | July 12–14
Where to Stay When You Play
Everyone wins when you choose the right place to stay in Ocean City. Let the team at Vantage Vacation Rentals make your trip easy and enjoyable. Want to be right where the action is? Vantage has a variety of properties that are perfectly situated for sports, dance, and fishing groups.
Our Belmont Towers condos are conveniently located on the Boardwalk next to the beach lacrosse and soccer tournaments. We also have a large number of homes in North Ocean City near Northside Park where baseball tournaments are held, as well as dance competitions at the Roland E. Powell Convention Center in Mid-Town Ocean City – such as our Makai and Summer Beach condos. Or if you’re coming into town for a fishing tournament, we have a great selection of properties in Downtown and West Ocean City that are close to the marinas and fishing event venues.
Contact one of our MVP reservationists today at 410-723-2002 or book direct at www.VantageOC.com.