The 27th Annual Cruisin’ Ocean City
Calling all car enthusiasts! One of Ocean City’s most popular spring events is just around the corner, and you don’t want to miss it. The Cruisin’ Ocean City car show event will be held May 18th-21st, with an exciting lineup of attractions, vendors, awards, and entertainment taking place at the Ocean City Inlet and Roland E. Powell Convention Center. Various local businesses in and around Ocean City will join in with their own car shows and events, as well, creating a high-octane atmosphere of fun.
Boardwalk Parades Thursday-Saturday
The highlight of the weekend, of course, is the cars! Over 3,500 hot rods, customs, street machines and classic cars will descend upon the area with chrome polished and engines revving. Be sure to check out the car parades on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday mornings on the Boardwalk. Staging begins at 7:00 AM on 27th Street, with parades starting at 8:00 AM and running south to the Inlet. You’ll think you’ve traveled back in time as cars and trucks of all styles and time periods cruise on by.
Special Guests and Live Entertainment
This year’s special guests include Erik Estrada of classic TV show “CHiPs” and Ryan Evans of the hit TV show “Counting Cars,” who will both be signing autographs and greeting fans throughout the weekend. For guests visiting on Thursday night, there will also be a live performance at the Convention Center by musical guests “Under the Streetlamp.” Comprised of former members of the hit Broadway show Jersey Boys, this group will dazzle the crowd with a night of sweet harmonies as they perform everyone’s favorite Doo Wop, Motown, and old time Rock ‘n’ Roll hits.
Best Places to Stay When Cruisin’
If you’re looking to be right where the action is for Cruisin’ Ocean City, Vantage Vacation Rentals offers a variety of vacation rentals within walking distance of the Inlet and Convention Center. Guests who are bringing their own classic cars to the event will be glad to know that we also have a number of homes with private garages to keep your “baby” safe during the weekend.
- Belmont Towers 607 – 3-BR/2.5-BA/Sleeps 10 – Watch car parades right from your private balcony. This luxurious condo offers beautiful north-facing views of the beach and boardwalk, and is just 2 blocks from the Inlet (Dorchester St.).
- Nowalk to the Inlet A – 4-BR/2.5-BA/Sleeps 10 – Stay in the heart of Downtown Ocean City just 2.5 blocks from the Boardwalk and Inlet area. This lovely condo was recently updated with flat-screen TVs and newly-remodeled kitchen. Park your car once when you arrive and then walk everywhere you need to go! (Dorchester St.).
- Bradley on the Bay 132G – 1-BR/1-BA/Sleeps 6 – Conveniently located just a block from the Roland E. Powell Convention Center, this bayfront condo is well-equipped and features a bayfront dock area (38th St.).
- Makai 106 – 2-BR/2-BA/Sleeps 6 – Enjoy a relaxing getaway in this lovely bayfront condo with beautiful bay views, indoor pool solarium, and easy access to the Roland E. Powell Convention Center, located just one block away (41st St.).
- Sunset Island 8 Beach Walk Lane – 4-BR/2.5-BA/Sleeps 10 – Just a short drive from the Convention Center and Downtown area, this spacious four-story townhome features a private garage and is located in a gated bayside community with an indoor pool (67th St.).
- Sunset Island 15 Fountain Dr. W. – 5-BR/4.5-BA/Sleeps 12 – Located within a gated bayside community with indoor pool, this exquisite four-story townhome has a private garage and beautiful views of the pond and fountains from the upper deck (67th St.).
Vantage properties are filling up quickly for Cruisin’ Ocean City, so now is the best time to book! Browse VantageOceanCity.com or give us a call at (410) 723-2002 to let our Vacation Coordinators help you find the perfect vacation spot. Visit the Cruisin’ Ocean City website for more details about this popular event weekend.